Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fabric flower pots// diy

I think most of you will remember seeing a few pins on Pinterest last spring about fabric flower pots. I have been wanting to try this diy for a while now and I thought it was a great time too. Since I am getting married I have been thinking a lot about the way I want to decorate my first real place. That is why I choose this pattern and colors, I think they will go great inside a new bright home. 
You'll need
-Tacky Glue
-Fabric of your choice (I bought a pack of 2 different fabrics from Walmart at 1 yard each.)
-Pots (I like using different sizes)
-Scissors
-Black Plastic Lining (If you want to use for planting flowers)
1. Test out your fabric and roll around pot so you know you'll have enough to cover the whole thing. and no inside the top a bit. 2. Section by section put tacky glue on the pot with a paint brush and then place the fabric over. 3. Do until the outside sides are completed and smooth out any bumps. 4. Again section by section put glue on the inside of the pot and fold the fabric down inside the pot. 5. Cut circles of the plastic black liner to put into pot. (This is only if you want to plant flowers in them) Obviously I haven't done that yet but I think I will. 6. Enjoy your pretty creation. 
love, Carlee

4 comments:

  1. These are so lovely! As soon as I get a place of own, I want to fill it with flowers xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! I might have to make a few, too! Thanks for sharing!

    Phylicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something I never thought about doing! While I was at school I planted a little cup of flowers and they're starting to get too big. I'll have to keep this pretty DIY in mind for when I transfer it to a pot! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics you chose! So cute!

    xox Lara www.weheartbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee