Friday, September 13, 2013

Raven Rock

I am all about going on short day trips to fun locations. I have been researching activities and things to see that are close to Fayetteville and can be made into a short day trip. I came across Raven Rock State Park and the photos on Google image looked really cool. It was only 33 miles away, besides Clark and I wanted to get out of the house and get some exercise anyways so it was perfect. We took this day trip last Saturday. 
Once we got to the state park we got a map and realized there were a bunch of different trails ranging from .3 miles to 5 miles. We actually wanted to hike to Raven Rock which was about 2.2 miles to and from so we definitely got a good work out. There were a ton of families out and people with dogs. I also got a pamphlet of the rest of the state parks in North Carolina and I am excited to visit more because I am all about fun trips and seeing new things. 
These photos are more blurry then I would like but I think it was because the cliffs made it dark and harder to get good light but that is okay. 

After we got done with the state park we found a McDonald's and got milkshakes. He got chocolate and I got vanilla. We enjoyed them on our ride home. Once home we turned on football and ate some leftovers it was a good day. 

love, Carlee
Shoes: Hautelook
Shorts & Tank: Target
Flannel shirt: JCPenneys
Sunglasses: American Eagle

2 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds like a very active and exciting day! I love hiking, but everything seems so far away from Manhattan, haha. Glad you got to spend a great day outdoors with someone special :)

    xx.
    Stephanie | fashion and tea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee