Monday, October 14, 2013

Novelty Shell Station

When looking up things to see in North Carolina I came across the site roadsideamerica.com and searched for North Carolina. This Shell Station was one of the things I came across and I was like oh yeah I have to see that. So when Clark and I decided to take a trip to Northwest North Carolina and we were passing through Winston Salem I knew that I had to see this novelty station. 
This place is actually open to view sometimes it looks like but it was not when we went. I guess there used to be eight stations like this one in the Winston Salem area but this is the only one left. I love novelty things like this so cool and unique and it really is nice that people are still preserving places like this. Although, it was also in a  little bit of a sketchy neighborhood but that didn't stop us from getting out and exploring. 
We actually ended up spending our first night in Winston Salem that way we could wake up early and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway for the day. But you will here all about that in my upcoming post about our trip. Have a great day and happy Columbus Day.
love, Carlee
Shirt: Forever 21
Pants: Old Navy
Coat: Target
Mocassins: Bearpaw

1 comment:

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee