Thursday, January 16, 2014

Carver's Creek State Park

Over the weekend Clark and I headed out to Carver's Creek State Park with our pup Knox. This one is actually only 13 miles from our apartment and just north of Fayetteville, NC so we knew we needed to check it out. Besides it is really nice for Knox to get some extra exercise on the weekends. So this state park was actually just recently completed, finished this past summer. It is not very big but does have a nice walking trail loop, some historic buildings, a creek, lake and swamp.
When we first got to the state park, there was only one other couple walking their dogs. So we pretty much had the place to ourselves. We let Knox off his leash and he got to play in the water for a bit. On the way back to the car there was a ton of people coming up the trail. I guess it was a nice day for a walk or just a really happen state park all the time. Who knows. 
This week has been relaxing. I have been hanging with Knox and watching my Sex in the City box set I got for Christmas from my mom while packaging Etsy orders and drawing new designs. Clark has a long weekend. Meaning he gets Friday and Monday off so we have time to relax and have a couple of adventures too. We will probably end up taking Knox to the dog park which we do almost every weekend. I like getting him out of the house and letting him play. Last time we were there he kind of got ganged up on by the other dogs and I was really mad about it. Some dogs can be really mean. So hopefully that doesn't happened again or my mama bear claws might will come out. Anyways, hope everyone is having a wonderful week. 
love, Carlee

*Don't forget to enter my Little Sloth greeting card giveaway
Sweater: American Eagle
Shirt & Leggings: Target
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack

2 comments:

  1. awesome photos hun, your dog is so cute.
    I know what you mean about mean dogs, my little dog got chased by a nasty dog at our park and now she is scared of other dogs. We now have to build her confidence back up again. x

    www.jodiesjunk.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so pretty and I love the neon sweater! Also these make me wish it were warmer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee