Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Gilchrist Bridge

This place is actually one of the first places Clark and I ever visited in North Carolina. The first time I came to Fayetteville to visit Clark I wanted to get out of the city and see some of the country side. And we came across this little area along the Lumber River. Last week I was thinking about this place because I knew it wasn't far from Fayetteville. So I had to do some major Google Maps search because I didn't know where it was. I knew the general area but not the location. Anyways I found the place on Google Maps and told Clark I wanted to check it out over the weekend. So we did just that.
There is a full boat launch and a new dock. We did go on the dock and play around the water with Knox. But my favorite part of the area is the old bridge. Which is the Glichrist Bridge and was build in 1922. It is located along Old US 401, in Hoke County, over the Lumber River. I guess this is also a great fishing spot. I thought it looked exactly like the scene from the Notebook were they are canoeing and the swans are all around. Except without the swans, you know.
Over the last couple of days I have been designing a website and let me tell you, it is no joke. The only prior experience I have is this designing this blog so working on a website in a whole different plat form is a new and challenging experience. Don't worry it is my own website. So no one is paying me to take forever to design there website. ha. I guess I am not hiring someone to design it because I know eventually I can have it look the way I want. With time and patience and maybe some YouTube tutorials and also website designs can be really expensive. Anyways, on to something else, it is suppose to snow here today. And I really hope it does just an inch or two because I have been so jealous of all the pretty white wintery blog photos I have been seeing so it would be nice to at least have one set for myself. But I do live in North Carolina now so I know snow isn't usually a thing. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday, maybe I will be back with some snowy photos or maybe not.
love, Carlee
Boots: Sierra Trading Post
Socks: old
Pants: Old Navy
Shirt: Target
Sweater: Forever 21

1 comment:

  1. love the cardigan, and such a wonderful place. and that dog is so cute!!!

    keep in touch :)

    xx
    ellie
    chasingculprit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee