Monday, March 17, 2014

Hatteras-Ocracoke Ferry

We had to take two ferries down the coast of North Carolina and this was the first one. This ferry was one hour long and went from Hatteras to Ocracoke Island. This was actually a ferry free so that was nice. We got to the ferry boarding area about 45 minutes early so we walked around a while and went to the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. We didn't have a lot of time to look around the museum but it is all about shipwreck that have been lost in the Atlantic Ocean. We also went into a souvenir shop before the ferry left.
The ferry was rather small. It had a small upper deck were you could go and sit. We spent a lot of our time walking around and enjoying the fresh sea air. As you might be able to tell the weather was so much better then the day before. I was so thankful that the weather cleared up! After this ferry docked we booked it down Ocracoke Island because I wanted to see Ocracoke Lighthouse before our next ferry left. This was the longest day we had but it was a good one. I will be sharing the rest of my post and photos from our trip this week. 
love, Carlee
Plaid Shirt & Jeans: Old Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee