Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Perfect homemade rolls

These rolls are the best. I actually had to make a side dish for a BBQ that Clark's battalion was having last weekend. I decided on rolls because they are easy and I had all the ingredients on hand all I need was some time, so I decided to make the perfect homemade rolls. I adapted from this recipe and changed the directions a lot. 
You'll need
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 eggs
5 teaspoons ative dry yeast
5 cups flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
Directions
1. In a small bowl put warm water and yeast together and let rise for 5 minutes. 

2. Mix in egg, sugar, and milk, lightly. 

3. In a large bowl put in the flour and pour liquid mixture over the flour. Do NOT stir. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. 

4. Add melted butter and stir until doughy. A little more flour might be needed. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. 

5. Shape the dough into rolls. 3/4 - 1 inch rolls. Let rise for 30 minutes -1 hour. They will rise quite a bit. 

6. Brush egg on top of rolls. 

7. Bake rolls at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. 
This recipe made about 30 rolls for me. And they all got eaten up at the BBQ. So this is definitely a recipe I will be trying again. I was actually making this banana bread a couple of weeks ago which was one of my very first recipes that I published here on the blog. And I had my computer out open in the kitchen looking at the recipe from my blog, Clark thought it was funny. Anyways, usually the recipes I post aren't ground breaking but it is nice to have an archive of recipes that worked for me and are useful in my life. 
love, Carlee

1 comment:

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee