Thursday, April 10, 2014

Redbud tree

There have been these purple trees have been everywhere and blooming like crazy around North Carolina. When we went to Durham this past weekend they were all over the side of the roads. I did a little research and this tree is actually the Redbud tree. The florals rang from a dark pink magenta color to a purple. They are found from the east coast to Oklahoma/Texas. It's harder to grow on the west coast because not enough water so that is why I have never seen them. I seriously can't get enough of all the blooming flowers and trees here in the NC. Seriously so gorgeous. I also had to throw in a photo with a dogwood at the end. I mean NC's state flower is the dogwood. 
These photos were taken on Sunday after Clark and I went grocery shopping. And in the parking lot where we parked to take these photos there was a man teaching his daughter how to drive. It was really sweet. After driving for years its funny looking back and remembering what it was like to learn to drive. How nervous racking it was. And now it is just second nature.
Currently, I am making healthy desserts since we had been eating chocolate chip cookies like crazy. Why are chocolate chip cookies so good? I decided that I need to nip that habit in the bud. Easier said than done though right?  Also the military ball is this weekend and I am pretty excited about it. Mostly just for the dancing and having a fun night out. I hope it is fun at least. And its not everyday that one gets to put on a floor length gown and get all done up. I'll be sharing photos!
love, Carlee 
Old Navy: Sandals, Shirt, Jeans 
Cardigan: American Eagle 
Sunglasses: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee