Friday, June 27, 2014

Myrtle Beach Boardwalk

The boardwalk is my favorite. Okay, maybe not my favorite but I love all the shops along it and the people walking with families, alone, couples everyone is so different yet we all ended up on the Myrtle Beach boardwalk on the exact same day at the same time. Fascinating. I even like how the wood looks. The pattern, texture, design of the boardwalk. But manly I like how it feels like fun, touristy, beachy, coast, summer, it just has a great vibe.
We enjoying walking the boardwalk. We stopped in at the Gay Dolphin, which claims to be the biggest gift shop on the East Coast. Which is pretty dang cool and let me tell you it’s huge. I bought a few postcards and a Myrtle Beach Christmas ornament for my tree. Then we ate at Moe Moons. It was nice, we sat on the deck and people watched while I ate a taco salad and Clark had beef, pineapple screws. We enjoyed some fruity drinks and had a wonderful time.
At this point in our trip my feet were pretty banged up. Like I said in this post, my sandals rubbed my feet raw and gave me some blisters so I just opted for some basic Old Navy flip flops. Can’t go wrong with simple flip flops. I need to invest in a black pair...well I guess it’s not really an investment if they only cost $5.00 $2.50. Also, we had just swam in the ocean and my hair was crazy and I just wanted to be comfortable so yeah. After we ate dinner, we walked around the boardwalk some more and then rented a moped for 24 hours and drove it back to our hotel. Renting a moped while in Myrtle Beach is one of our favorite things to do. We did it last year and we are just keeping the tradition alive. 
love, Carlee
Shorts & Tank &Bag: Target
Flip Flops: Old Navy
Sunglasses: American Eagle


2 comments:

  1. i love seeing all these summer time photos all around. the joy just contagious. i love boardwalks too. i think it makes a place feel more friendly and cozy. nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I love Myrtle Beach (I am a South Carolina native). It has an unfair reputation for being trashy, but I think it is fun and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee