Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pik-n-Pig

Turns out that North Carolina has some awesome food. I had heard about this western and eastern bbq debate here in North Carolina and I didn’t really know what to make of it since I don’t know much about BBQ in the first place. But I knew I had to at least start somewhere and I wanted some authentic North Carolina BBQ because well I have lived in NC a year already and never had NC authentic BBQ! So I did a little research and came to find a little local joint not to far away from Fayetteville that I wanted to try. So Clark and I made our way to Pik n Pig for dinner one evening. There was also a little air field with some cool little airplanes and we got to see the pilots fly them when we were leaving. 
It was such a cute little joint and locally owned. We were seated quickly and helped by serval different waitresses. We didn’t have a specific waitress everyone just seemed to help everyone. I don’t know if it was like this because they weren’t vey busy, but either way it seemed to work and we always had someone to help us. Clark and I both ordered the pulled pork sandwiches, I ordered hushpuppies and a corn bread muffin with mine. I figured if I was gonna do southern BBQ I might as well go all out. Clark had a few hushpuppies and french fries. We also tried the BBQ sauce they had to offer, it was sweet and yummy and I think that is what this western/eastern NC debate is about. I don’t know but I will figure it out... maybe. 
I picked up this dress at Target the other week and I have already worn it a few time and I love it. Mostly because it had pockets. This is my first dress/skirt with pockets. And boy was I missing out. Now whenever try on a dress even ones I already own I find myself wanting to put my hands in pockets. They are just so fun! The print on this dress is also one of my favorites. I am a big fan of tribal prints and I think they are gonna stick around this fall. And if not I am wearing them anyways because they are totally my style.
love, Carlee
Dress: Target
Sandals: Old Navy
Sunglasses: American Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee