Wednesday, August 20, 2014

At the beach in August

As you know, Clark’s mom was in town for 7 days last week and it has been so much fun to see her again (we haven’t seen her since Christmas.) She is pretty laid back and doesn’t mind just chilling at home but both Clark and I thought it would be really nice for us all to go to the beach so she could experience the NC coast. We went to Wrightsville Beach because it’s the closes to our home only a 1:45 trip. Since Clark didn’t  work on Monday we went on Sunday because we figured it would be less crowded then Satuday. Well turns out it was still SUPER busy anyways. We had to drive all the way up the beach looking for a parking spot. I am telling you we couldn’t find one anywhere. We finally lucked out and caught a parking spot right when someone was leaving.
Then we headed to the ocean. The beach was very crowded but that was to be expected. And also I kind of liked seeing all the people and knowing they are enjoying the last bit of summer instead of wishing for fall already. We swam in the ocean and the water was so nice and blue. It is pretty warm to. Everyone was just out enjoying themselves. I think a lot of people go to the beach and stay all day. They bring coolers, chairs, a canopy, etc, I guess this is the way to do it if you have children. We only stayed for 2 hours but it was so much fun. Also Wrightsville Beach is suppose to be the location of the movie The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks (according to the book not the movie.) 
On the way home, I really wanted to stop in Kilwin’s Ice Cream shop in Wilmington NC. It is so good. They have awesome ice cream and chocolate goodies. We stopped and Clark’s mom got to experience some of the best ice cream in NC! I got chocolate chip cookies dough in a waffle cone, Clark got Georgia Peach in a cup, and Clark’s mom got Georgia Peach in a waffle cone. Then we headed home! 

We really did have a great time and I was glad that we got to show off the NC coast to a Washtingtonian. I am also really glad that we got one last beach trip in before the summer ended. 
love, Carlee

1 comment:

  1. Wilmington is just gorgeous! And you are making me miss North Carolina beaches, they're my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee