Friday, August 8, 2014

My go-to smoothie recipe

I  have been making this smoothie recipe like crazy lately. I think at least 4 times a week the last couple of weeks. It is pretty good for you and I really fills me up during the day. I also like how I can put it back in the freezer and eat it later if I choose. I just wanted to share my favorite smoothie recipe right now. 
You’ll need
-About 7 large Strawberries
-1/2 cup frozen peaches (you can use fresh I am sure)
-1 medium size banana
-1/2 cup vanilla non-fat frozen yogurt. 
-1 cup ice
-Spoonful of cool whip
Directions
So for me the way in which you blend this smoothie is one of the most important. I think I have finally figured out the best way to blend a smoothie so there are no left over ice chunks and it is a nice smooth blend. 

1. Put 1 cup of ice in blender and set to ‘blend’ until all ice is crushed into small pieces.
2. Cut strawberries into halves or quarters and put in blender on ‘blend’ until blended into small pieces.
3. Put 1/2 cup peaches in microwave and microwave for 30 sec to 1 minute until peaches are completely thawed and even a little juicy. (This is important since I don’t add any other liquid.)
4. Blend peaches 
5. Put banana in blender and blend. 
6. Las add the 1/2 cup frozen yogurt. 
7. Add cool whip (I know I add to much to my own...)

Enjoy. 
If I am out of strawberries I will add frozen raspberries instead. This isn’t a ground breaking smoothie recipe just want I use and enjoy. Have a wonderful weekend.
love, Carlee


1 comment:

  1. Looks so yummy! I usually like to make my smoothies "green" smoothies, but this would be a fun treat for a change! :)

    xoxo Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee