Monday, August 25, 2014

Rude Awakening

I love exploring new places just as much as I love returning to well-loved and frequently visited places. I wanted to share Rude Awakening here on the blog but on Saturday (when these photos were taken) stopping by Rude Awakening was not the plan. We actually set out to go to this Alpaca farm which is just on the far side of town. They have homemade ice cream and a yarn shop supposedly. But, unfortunately it was closed when we got there and it took us 3 dead end dirt roads to find the right dirt road. It was a disappointing but we figured we were already out of the house so we might as well stop by Rude Awakening and get some smoothies (our favorite.)
It really is a nice little coffee shop. Kind of cramped for space in the main ordering area but there is plenty of seating in the coffee shop as well as in the front on the sidewalk area and the back patio (where we like to sit.) They have really good smoothies as well. ( I am not a coffee drinker so I can’t speak to the coffee.) But they have fresh fruit smoothies and always really thick. I hate when I go to a coffee stand and ask what their smoothies are like and they say “fresh fruit” but then you get it you know it has the pump syrup in it. ugh the worst. But this place is A OKAY in my book because the smoothies are fresh. I got strawberry banana and Clark got paradise island which is pineapple, mango, peach, orange. The smoothies cost $5.00 a piece which is a little pricey but worth it. 
After we got our smoothies we sat on the back patio. We talked and laughed. I admired all the hanging plants and said “I want a patio with a bunch of plants someday.” Clark agreed it would be a great idea. I am sure just to please me, but what a nice guy. This outfit is one I put together in my head the other day when I was trying to be more creative with my wardrobe. I tried it on and it came together nicely. I actually ordered the tank from F21 because it almost perfect resembled my all time favorite tank last worn here which I lost in Charleston SC. It is however a little shorter almost crop top. And while I wont be showing any stomach in it, I still love it. Also I wish I would have gotten a better photo of the boots. Next time, I guess. Happy Monday folks.
love, Carlee
Dress worn as skirt: American Eagle
Tank: Forever 21
Boots: TJ Maxx
Bag: Target

1 comment:

  1. I could tell within the first few sentences that you do, indeed, love a bit of adventure. An alpaca farm!? That's amazing. Haha

    And the coffee shop definitely looks like my sort of spot. I love local establishments like that. And your outfit is perfect for browsing those fun places. I love the stripes and booties :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee