Thursday, November 13, 2014

Central Park

Clark and I both decided that Central Park was our favorite during the trip. Once we got into the city we checked into our hotel around noon. We stayed at the Best Western Seaport Inn in the Financial District and I totally recommend. It is right next to the Brooklyn Bridge on the Manhattan side. It was close to the subway and quiet. After check in, we caught the subway at Fulton Street station and got off at Central Park. We didn’t really have any plans so we just wandered and enjoyed ourselves.
We enjoyed seeing the street performers, giant bubble makers, artists: so many wonderful original artists, the changing leaves! After walking awhile we made our way to the MET and went inside to see some of the highlights. One could spend all day in that place. We saw Washington Crossing the Delaware, the Egypt Tombs, Van Gough, Picasso, etc. It was pretty busy, it was a Saturday midday and a holiday weekend so that was to be expected. After the MET we headed back into Central Park to walk around some more. And we came across this amazing painter. He did animal heads on human bodies and they were all handpainted. Clark and I thought they were both very cool. We walked away from his booth thinking maybe we need to make a trip up on Sunday to buy one of his painting (we did end up buying one on Sunday.)
On Sunday morning we headed back up to Central Park. First we made a stop at Serendipity 3 to get some dessert. Clark got frozen hot chocolate and I got a drug store sundae. Have you seen the movie, anyways we got there about 15 minutes before it opened so that way we could get right in and enjoy some midday dessert. After we walked to Wollman Rink and thought about ice skating but it was pretty busy and I wasn’t wearing the right socks and I decided we could find something better to spend $60 on. We enjoyed just walking and seeing where the paths took us, we saw the sailboat pond and the Alice in Wonderland statue as well as the Bethesda Terrace and the Great Lawn. Also, I think there might be a rule that people need to get dogs that resemble them. So many cute dogs.

I also really enjoyed the leaves changing colors on the trees and the crisp November air. It was really the perfect fall day in NYC. I am also thankful for strangers that can take really good photos of Clark and I in Central Park with the skyline in the background (special shout out!)

More to come.
love, Carlee
Hat & Scarf & Sweater: Forever 21
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Belk
Shirt: American Eagle
Bag: Target

3 comments:

  1. im so jealous!!!!
    i love Central Park.....and i just got to walk on the side of it!

    i cant wait to hopefully go soon!!!!
    eeek! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a perfect fall day! I've been craving another visit to NYC lately and this post did not help haha. We loved Central Park and the Met. I'm glad you had such a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!!! This photos make me so nostalgic! Who doesn't love NYC? Have fun there!!
    With love,
    Vera
    http://theflashwindow.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee