Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Financial District

On Monday (our last full day in the city), we spent the first part of our morning walking around the Financial District. We stayed at the Best Western Seaport Inn so we didn’t have to catch a subway or anything we just got to walk around. It was only about .7 miles from our hotel to the 9/11 Memorial, which was our first stop while exploring the Financial District. There is still lots of construction going on around the memorial but you can walk right into the memorial from West Street (it’s all open) without going through security. Three years ago when I was in NYC you had to go through security and wait in line just to go to the memorial. The trees around the memorial were all turning and it was really beautiful. I teared up again. 
After 9/11 Memorial we meandered a while, got some Starbucks and walked to Trinity Church. We walked through the grounds and even into the church. It was amazing and beautiful. I move old tombstones. There were people buried there from 1747, which is before America was even a independent country. Which is amazing to me, to think about the history and how much time has past and yet they still lay there and that church still stands just as it was 300 years earlier. 
We made our way to the New York Stock Exchange and Wall St. We found the Charging Bull downtown and I took a classic photo of Clark touching the bull balls (what can I say, we have class.) Then we hung around Battery Park a while before we caught the ferry to the Statue of Liberty. After the statue and Ellis Island, we walked from Battery Park to a great little pub The Bailey to eat a late lunch. I had the cheeseburger and fries and Clark had the fish and chips (the fries were so bomb.) 

After the Financial District we headed toward the subway and up to Washington Square Park for our last night. Which I will be sharing photos of tomorrow in my last post of NYC titled NYC snapshots.
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee