Friday, November 28, 2014

Our Thanksgiving (+ a Sale!!)

How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was eventful and ended up being okay but not like I expected at all. I woke up early yesterday morning to get my overnight bread dough ready to bake and when I woke up I just felt super crumby. My stomach hurt and I was starting to get a head cold. Well I got my dough ready and then I got back into bed and fell asleep. Clark and I both woke up again around 10:30am and I knew we need to get up so we could get the turkey in the oven. I mean this was my first Thanksgiving dinner that I was making and we were having people over. So we got our turkey in around 11:30 and then my stomach started to feel worse. In the end I came down with the flu and ended up getting sick three times. I realized I as thankful for a husband that will help clean up throw up and also run to the gas station to get blue Gatorade (my fav when sick.)
So we had to disinvite the people to dinner which I was sad about but turns out they all had places they could go instead so that was good. Around 2:30 after some rest and medicine and blue Gatorade I started to feel better. Clark and I both finished up making the dinner. We finished the turkey, made some stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy, canned corn and fruit salad. I was going to make sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce but I nixed that idea when I got sick. We headed up eating and watching the parade and then football on TV. I felt better and ate some mashed potatoes and dinner rolls. Then this commercial came on TV and I was like that is this Thanksgiving to a T. Not what you expected but still perfect.
Anyways I know this photos aren’t glamours at all but I wanted to share them because I don’t want to look back on this blog or even on special events and only document the staged and beautiful times. Sometimes a girl just wanted to eat Thanksgiving dinner with no makeup and a big t shirt on. Happy Holidays y’all! Also a coupon for Little Sloth below!! Use code HOLIDAYSEASON at checkout and get 20% off your purchase of $10+ ! Enjoy:)
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee