Friday, May 8, 2015

Pisgah Covered Bridge

Over the weekend we spent some time in Asheboro, NC it was my first time there and the main reason we went was because we both wanted to see the NC Zoo but it was fun to see some more of the area while we were there. I am always up for a great covered bridge! This one is so pretty and just about 10 miles south of Asheboro right on the west edge of the Uwharries National Forest.
It is pretty easy to find unlike some covered bridges or obscure hidden gems. I just typed in Pisgah Covered Bridge and it lead us right to it. It is actually on Pisgah Covered Bridge Road so that's how you know you are on the right path. You could tell at one time it used to be the main bridge over the creek but now there is a everyday concrete bridge over the creek and this bridge is just off the side completely visible from the road. We were there in the morning around 9am and there was no one else at the parking area. It is actually a really nice well kept area. There are picnic benches and a hiking trail (we did not do the hiking trail). Clark and I both loved all the rocks in the stream. Isn't the best when you can jump from rock to rock in a creek it makes me feel like a kid. (Don't touch the lava.)
The covered bridge itself seems super sturdy still and structurally sound.  On the inside there is a ton of chalk art. It's not really garfeedy. Most of it is written with chalk and it's just peoples names and when they were there. I actually respect the people that used chalk instead of permanent marker because chalk comes off easily. I think my favorite writing was a saying that someone wrote on a ceiling tressal saying "I love hotdogs" I can respect that haha.
love, Carlee
Dress: Old Navy
Jacket: Forever 21
Boots: Marshalls
Location: 6925 Pisgah Covered Bridge Rd, Asheboro, NC 27205

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee