Friday, May 29, 2015

Smithsonian's National Zoo : DC

On Saturday, in the afternoon around 4:30pm after seeing most of the major sites in the morning. We headed to the Smithsonian National Zoological Park which was about 2 miles north of our hotel. We actually took Uber there which was our first time using it and totally worth the $6 dollars. The zoo was free as all Smithsonian's are in DC. Which is just great! So we strolled around and looked at all the animals. We both were very exciting about the pandas and the gorillas and they definitely lived up to the hype.
Anaconda! This is just like half of him.... he was huge. 
The zoo definitely isn’t a must see in DC because there are so many other things to do involving the history but since we had a good long 3 1/2 days we decided it was worth the short trip. And we went in the evening so all the animals were in there houses and they were so easy to see. Most of them were eating dinner or taking a nap but it was fun to see the animals up close.
 The best mini donut holes! Hot and fresh and rolled in cinnamon and sugar! Talk about major heart eyes. 
Another highlight of the zoo was there funnel cake stand. Clark loves funnel cakes and while I am not the biggest fan we stopped to get some when I realized that they had mini donuts and I was all about the mini donuts and they were SO GOOD. They were warm and rolled in cinnamon and sugar seriously one of the best things ever! I will just hype them up a little bit here on the blog!
Did you see the pic above of the panda sleeping? He is literally just laying in his own poop. It’s like he took a poop and was SOOOOOO tired that he couldn’t even move. He must have just rolled over and fell asleep. Clark and I were laughing so hard.

Also I might have stole this peony from the bushes along the walkway. I think it was okay though because I only took one and we saw a lady that took a whole bamboo stick and was using it at a walking stick. haha. Also it’s Friday, did this week fly by for anyone else?
love, Carlee
Romper & Bag: Target
Shoes: Toms.com

4 comments:

  1. you look so cute! I need to hit up the zoo one more time before I move away from DC. You should have told me you were here so we could have met up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at the panda and wondering if that was poop lol
    how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally stared at the poop panda photo trying to figure out if that's what it was. I feel gross now hahah! It sounds like y'all had a great time.
    You look adorbz in your little romper! Id love to find one my size someday;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally stared at the poop panda photo trying to figure out if that's what it was. I feel gross now hahah! It sounds like y'all had a great time.
    You look adorbz in your little romper! Id love to find one my size someday;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee