Monday, August 31, 2015

Island evening

This is my only other outfit post from St. Croix, I wore this one evening to walk on the beach with Clark. This was Sunday evening and it was kind of overcast/cloudy/threatening rain by 5pm. So we went to the local market and got some rum (full bottle was $9.99 eeeeeeeek), orange juice, sprite, and pineapple juice, oh and mini snicker bars haha. We had a little party for two and order in room service. I think this was the first time ever that I ordered room service while staying at a hotel. As a kid it was just not something we did and I guess I took that into adulthood but we ordered from Kendrick's which is a restaurant at the Buccaneer and it was really good. We both had baked mac and cheese with cauliflower! Yummy.
Clark loved finding the hermit crabs! He said it was his favorite and it wasn’t hard to find them because they were everywhere. They were funny little guys and not afraid of anything it seems. They would come out of there shell and try to pinch you while you were holding them. Fearless hermit crabs. I guess I would say that about most of the wildlife on the island they seems unfazed by humans. There were gecko friends on our terrace every morning that would slither away if you got too close but then they would be back the next morning. haha I think the iguana were my favorite. Go check out my last post if you want to see more photos of the iguanas! 
Also as you can see in the photo of Clark and I with my sunglasses off, I am wearing little to no makeup. Even my mascara washed off. Around day 2 I realized that if we are going to be spending most or almost all day doing water activity (swimming, snorkeling, jet skiing) there is no point in putting on makeup haha. So this is how I looked 85% off the time after day 2. I would just put on my sunglasses to look 5% more put together then I actually was. haha. 
love, Carlee
Top & Skirt: American Eagle
Sandals: Gap
Sunglasses: TJ Maxx
Hair: Out of control haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee