Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Folk festival

On Saturday, the international folk festival was held in downtown Fayetteville. This was the 37th year it was put on by the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce. We actually went the very first year we were living in Fayetteville. You can see that post here. I saw the info for it on a flier at the bowling alley a couple weeks ago and I knew I wanted to go check it out again. Unfortunately, it was rainy / drizzlely all day which wasn’t the best but it stopped for parts and it wasn’t down pouring so that was nice. I also got to wear layers and bust of my flare jeans which I haven’t worn in like 2 years. Don’t get rid of denim people. Unless they stop fitting but usually denim styles cycle though! And guess what, flares are back.
We met one of our friends down at the festival she is new in town and her boyfriend is now gone on a training exercise so we invited her out so she wasn’t bored at her apartment all weekend. It was nice to hang out with her and get to know her better. We also got some awesome food although it was rather expensive. Clark got a German sausage and then we also got a funnel cake and those two things cost $17 :( awww but it’s okay that’s what weekends are for... to spend lots of money on good food haha.
We also got to listen to a band from Louisiana and they were really good! The lead singer was the drummer which don’t happen very often except with Kevin from The Office haha. Oh, also Clark got REALLY good cherry amaretto ice cream from Smitty’s homemade ice cream and it was so good. Hope everyone’s week is off to a good start!

Jeans: Macys
Cardigan & Boots: Target
Tank: Old Navy
Belt: JCPennys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee