Monday, November 30, 2015

Charlotte NC

As you probably know by now we were in Charlotte NC last weekend for the Carolina Panthers game and some light exploring. I was fully prepared for all the leaves to be turned and on the ground be the time we got to Charlotte cause it's late November but they were at peak foliage! It was awesome. I kept saying look at the full yellow tree or that red one haha. And it's still really pretty here right now.
These photos were taken at Marshall Park which is the furthest east of Uptown (read downtown) before crossing the freeway. We stayed at the Fairfield in right by this park and in the uptown area. It was nice because they had a free shuttle within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. After walking around the uptown area a little bit we drove about 15 miles south to Prineville to go to the restaurant Buca di Beppos. Have you guys ever been? There is one in Seattle and I would go there a lot when I lived there but haven't been in like 3 years so it was awesome that I realized there was one in Charlotte so we had to go. We got the bianca pizza and the baked ziti and for dessert the colossal brownie sundae which was amazing and huge (Clark was afraid it wasn't going to be big enough haha) 
Another must for us was getting Duck Donuts! The closest one to us is in Cary NC which is about 1:30 from us so whenever I get a chance to go to one in a near by city I always go. This one was just a mile from our hotel so on the way out of town Monday morning we stopped by and got 6 fresh donuts. If you don't know about Duck Donuts, it was started in Duck NC on the Outer Banks of North Carolina and they make the donuts fresh right in front of you so everything is hot and freshly made and yummy! We had a great time in Charlotte and I am so glad we got to explore a little bit of the city and surrounding area and not just pass through it on the way to the airport!
love, Carlee
Leggings: Old Navy
Purse: Target
Shoes: Belk
Sweater: TJ Maxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee