Monday, November 2, 2015

Jenny and Forrest Gump costume // DIY

This is was very first year that I have been two things for Halloween. Last Friday we did trunk or treat where we went as Tom Hanks in Castaway and WILSON! It was an awesome costume but I didn’t really want to go as a giant volleyball to the Halloween party on Saturday so instead we were Forrest Gump & Jenny. We went with a Tom Hanks theme this year which was completely unintentional but funny just the same. I figured this costume would be really easy to put together and comfortable for a party. 

I had all the pieces to make the Jenny part of the costume. And for Forrest we needed the Bubba Gump hat and a plaid t shirt. I made Clark a ping pong paddle out of photos I printed from my computer and cardboard and we bought a box of chocolates as Walmart. It was a pretty awesome costume! Both costumes this year I had totally seen on Pinterest so not 100% creative or clever but fun just the same. Hopefully next year I will come up with something totally original. Wait to they even do Halloween in Italy....... 
Cost:
Hat: $19
Chocolates: $6
Ping Pong paddle: Free
Clarks shirt: $9

Total: $34

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween! Happy November. 
love, Carlee
Dress: Nordstrom (old prom dress)
Shirt: Target
Jacket: Forever 21
Bag: Craft fair

1 comment:

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee