Friday, February 26, 2016

Peanut Butter Chocolate Dipped Cookies

For my birthday my mom sent me all of my old childhood cookbooks. It made me so happy and a little sad at the same time. But mostly happy because the best peanut butter cookie recipe is in one of the books! I had this idea because I love chocolate dipped cookies and sometimes around Christmas we will make shortbread chocolate dipped cookies. Anyways, I mostly wanted to do this because 1. the original peanut butter cookie recipe was at my finger tips and 2. because Clark gave me 3 packs of Butterfingers hearts for vday (my favorite Valentine's candy). And I knew we couldn't just eat them all so I wanted to try and do something different with some of them. 
Peanut Butter cookie recipe (seriously the only one I use):
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour

Mix ingredients together. Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes until cookies have set. I like my cookies soft and chewy so if you like them a little more crunchy go for a few more minutes. 

Chocolate Dip
-About a half a bag of Butterfingers hearts (I think they have eggs at Easter and bells at Christmas so it doesn't have to be hearts)
-I melted them in the microwave in a tall cup (but big enough to fit the cookies) that way the chocolate was taller and not wide as it would have been in a bowl. Anyways, I set it for 1 minutes and then mixed it up. It ended up taking 3 minutes to melt completely but I would recommend checking every 30sec to a minute and mixing the chocolate. 
Then once your cookies are baked and cooled. Dip in the chocolate. Set the cookies on wax paper and have the wax paper on a cutting board or something similar because after I had done one batch I put them in the fridge to cool and so the chocolate would harden up faster. They were SO GOOD!
love, Carlee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee