Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Stranger: Albert Camus

This book was goodish. Idk. The ending was weird and it definitely felt unfinished but that is obviously some of the appeal. The book is only 100 pages long or thereabout so it is a rather short book and it is hard to get to know the characters even the main character. I read this book because it is classified as one of the best books of the 20th Century and has pretty good reviews everywhere. It's not that I didn't like it. It just felt like a book that an English teacher would f*cking love and read way
to much into but the author actually didn't mean anyone to come to those conclusions and the author wasn't even finished with the book to begin with. Okay so thats all my own thinking but it just felt unfinished like I said. I guess that is why people can read so much into it and draw all shorts of conclusions because there is a wide open ending.

Maybe if I read the book at a different stage in my life I would have drawn sometime powerful or awesome from it but this time I did not. It was good and an easy read and I liked there the story was going at most of the points. I just wish it kept going. I just didn't really get much out of it like I think most people do which is okay.

Take my review with a grain of salt of course. And like I said this book isn't that long so if you read 100 pages and don't get anything out of it, it's not really that big of a loss you know.
love, Carlee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee