Monday, April 18, 2016

We're Moving...

...to ITALY!!! Yes you read that right. I am so excited it's not even funny. I always worry about sharing big plans or things I am excited about thinking that maybe the universe will take it away if I share it with the world. Weird thought huh? But now that we have our flights book I am thinking its 99% official. I say 99% because literally anything is possible with the military.

So yeah, my husband and I are PCSing (Permanent Change of Station) to Naples, Italy for 3 years! We are leaving at the beginning of July and yes our dog Knox is coming with us.

A little background, this has actually been in the works since last April. Clark reenlisted for a location which was Italy and so it was in this contract. But there was a lot of stuff to go through before our official orders got cut. I had to go through a medical screening processing that said I was capable to live overseas. I started that process in November and it took like 4 months even though it was suppose to take 4 weeks.It just took a long time because the paperwork wasn't getting moved through like it should. It was kind of annoying but in the end I was approved and then we got our sponsor. Which is a soldier that is already at our duty station in Italy and is there to help us get things in order. Like get our temporary lodging set up, transportation from the airport, and is there to answer any questions we might have about our new base.

We have also been to several briefings about moving with the military. They have given us a lot of good information. We have actually never moved with the military before and since this is an overseas move as well there is a lot of things that we don't even know. But we are getting it all in order. Now that we are getting down to it, it all seems to be happening rather quickly but after waiting almost a year for this change it is nice to finally get things moving in the right direction! I am sure I'll keep you updated as it gets closer. Also let me know if you have any questions. 
love, Carlee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee