Monday, June 6, 2016

Garden Party

On the last Sunday that we were home, my mom and I hosted a bridal shower for my brothers fiancé who I am also going to be a bridesmaid for. Since I am moving to Italy in July and won't be able to be apart of the other bridal shower festivities I wanted to make sure I did something special for the bride. There were many people there around 10-15 and I actually loved it this way. It was super intimate and we all got to talk and tell stories and everyone heard each other. It was a lot of fun and my mom made the best cake.
My mom actually used to design wedding cakes in the past and she made my wedding cake and is going to make the cake for my brothers wedding. They actually want a naked cake which is really popular right now and she has never made one before so she wanted to do a little practice one at the shower and also make some flavors for them to try. The cake is amazing and the bride loved it. The flavor that they really like is lemon and my mom made a really good lemon flavored cake. Even though I am not a big fan of lemon it was really yummy! 
Have any of you heard the song Garden Party by Ricky Nelson.? My mom was singing it on the morning we were setting up for the shower and then she explained this story that went along with it and then we listened to it on my phone and I only knew about 6 words that first day "I want to a garden party...." But since then I have had the song stuck in my head and I only know about two lines so those same two lines go around and around in my head haha. Its the worst. But every time I think of this day I will think of that song and now I know who Ricky Nelson is! 

Also, this drop waist dress is amazing. I got it at Ross and it is my first drop waist dress and I love the pattern. 
love, Carlee
Ross: Dress
Sandals: Toms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee