Sunday, July 24, 2016

Amalfi by boat (with a video)

We had such a lovely weekend! (weekend of July 16th, yes I'm a little behind on posting.) It was only our second full weekend in Italy but we are trying to enjoy everything has much as possible. We know that there is so much to do and see that we don't want to take any time for granted. A lot of people said the best way to travel at first is with tours and tour groups through different on base organizations. So we booked a tour with the USO on base, since we still don't have a car it is nice to do tours that provide all the transportation. It is also a great way to make friends and see some of this beautiful country without having to navigate it yourself.
We left at 8am on Saturday and got back to base around 6pm. It was a full long day but totally worth it. We had about 4 hours of free time in the coastal town of Amalfi, Italy. I am sure you all have heard of the Amalfi Coast in Italy. It is so beautiful, along the Mediterranean Sea, and one of the top tourist destinations in the world. And let me tell you it is so worth it. We had wonderful pizza and gelato. I had this yummy amoretto flavor and Clark has a really good black cherry flavor. We toured the 9th century Roman Catholic cathedral that is in Amalfi and even got to see the room where apostle Saint Andrew's relics and remains are held. Really amazing history and experience.
Then we spent some time down at the beach. The water is so nice and not cold. Just a nice temperature. The stereotype of Italians in speedos definitely holds up. Now we know why no one has weird tan lines haha. But in all seriousness it just wasn't a big deal and I thought that was cool. No one cared if anyone else had a little tummy fat or love handles. Everyone was just enjoying themselves. Clark and I also spent some time of the pier just relaxing and taking in the view. Clark took the amazing panorama which is posted right above this paragraph. I also made a little video of our day in Amalfi. While I really enjoying taking photos and videos and putting them together. I have decided to only take one type of media with me. So either I am taking nice photos on my DSLR or maybe I'll do video. But not both because it was just too much to carry about both and worry about it. Time it better spent doing other things. Besides I love the way the photos turned out, the video not as much. But that's okay. I thought I would share it anyways because I don't want the video to be wasted! 
love, Carlee

PS: follow me on instagram (@carleewengel) for a better real time view of our travel. 
Hat: TJ Maxx
Sandals: Teva
Romper: Target
Sweater: American Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee