Monday, October 3, 2016

London

London, oh what a magical city. I loved London. There was so much going on and so many different people and artist and musicians and laughing children. We had a really great time. It was kind of like the New York City of Europe. There were tons of shows and plays and M&M World and even Shake Shack. Also it's a very large city with a great metro system. We rented bikes and biked a lot. London isn't very walkable compared to other cities we have visited. But bikes were really great, we used the underground or 'tube' or metro a few times but it was rather expensive. 5 pounds per trip. Ugh. We also had decent weather the whole time we were there. It sprinkled a little bit but that is the only rain we got while we were in London.


We were in London for 3 days and that was a good amount of time for us. We got to see the Beatles iconic Abbey Road. People were so nice and taking turns crossing the road and helping each other get good photos of each other. So that was really cool. We also went to see the Harry Potter movie scene location of Platform 9 3/4 in London's station Kings Cross. They actually have a professional photographer taking photos but they let you take your own as well which I thought was really nice. We also walked through Chinatown and up to Kensington Palace (did you see the video of me feeding the squirrel) and Buckingham Palace and of course to Big Ben. We saw Shakespeare's Globe, ate to many crepes and enjoyed walking around the city at night.
We stayed close to the Tower Bridge and the Tower of London so we explored that area a lot. Under the tower bridge was a lot of live music and fun performances and street food! I don't think you can ever be bored in London there is always something to do and something to see and something new around every corner that you don't expect. It was really fun. It also was a little expensive. We went to Tesco (a market chain in the UK) quite a bit and got there 3pound lunch meal. Which was a sandwich, drink, and chips. So that was helpful in saving some money.
Of course, while visiting London we did the London Eye. It is really cool to see the city from that view point and I think everyone should do it if they are in London. If only River Thames was a prettier color, amiright? haha. I have SO many photos from London but I thought I would only choose my favorite few (still a lot haha) as to not totally overwhelm my blog. But anyways I will be back with more posts from our trip. 

I am trying to do our 14 day trip in about 7 post so I will be combining a few days and I am hoping to get them up sort of quickly so I can move on to current life once again! 
love, Carlee 
First Outfit
Sweater: Target
Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Macys
Shoes: Nike
Purse: JCPenny

Second  Outfit
Sweater: American Eagle
Leggings: NEX
Shoes: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee