Saturday, April 22, 2017

Kissing in America: Margo Rabb

This book was a fun and easy read. I was at my library on base and was looking for a Stephen King book but I didn't find the one I was looking for so instead I wondered into the Young Adult section and was browsing. When I do this I usually pick up book with intriguing spines or covers and read the front flap really quick (no longer the back of the book.) I picked up kissing in America based on its beautiful cover art and read front flap and I was interested.

The book is super cute and mainly based about a love interested. But there is depth, Eva (the main character) lost her dad to a plane crash two years earlier and her and her mom are still dealing with that. Her and her moms relationship is strained and bringing a boy into the mix is just another thing to deal with. Eva and her best friend make a cross country road trip for a game show and a boy (of course) and things don't exactly go as planned. But they learn a lot along the way.

Margo does a great job of telling a love story but also telling relationships between the other characters. My favorite relationship dynamic that Rabb explains is the mother/daughter relationship. I finished this book in about 4 days it was an easy read but I still found myself tearing up at the end. Would recommend.
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee