Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Posillipo, Naples

Last week, a friend of mine, her daughter and I went to an area in Naples called Posillipo it is a really nice area overlooking the bay with a great view of Mt. Vesuvius. And supposedly there is a saying in Naples that is "you're acting like you're from Posillipo" which means you are acting stuck up and rich. Since people know it as the rich part of town. It is a really pretty area! The buildings are all colorful and the streets are not lined with garbage (which I can't say for every part of Naples haha.) 
We parked down by the Fountain of Sebeto and then walked the boardwalk and up the street a little ways to a really pretty mermaid fountain. We came across an amazing floral shop that have flowers covering the building and sidewalk and a sushi place that we put on our list to try at some point. These Italian men were selling fresh seafood from the bay. They offered me a spiral shelled creature and of course I had to try it. It's not everyday that old Italian men offer you food off the street. It was raw and very fishy haha. And I didn't get food poisoning so all is good in the world. 
We ate lunch at a little place on the water. We shared a fried starter (fried vegetables, dough, fries, and rice), I had pasta al pomodoro (spaghetti) and my friend had pizza fritto (fried pizza.) After we ate we drove up the cliff of Posillipo for a better view and my friend wanted to find a place called Villa Volpicelli. It has the name sate of an old friend of hers. We ended up finding it, it is a cool old orange castle right on the water. We had a lovely day. I enjoy exploring so much especially with people that enjoy it as much as me. 
love, Carlee
Shirt: thrifted
Jeans: Old Navy
Bag: JCPenny
Shoes: Adidas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee