Wednesday, April 19, 2017

World's 1st pizza in downtown Naples

Naples, Italy is the birthplace of pizza and over the weekend we went to the world's first pizzeria ever! There is a little speculation but it is widely believed that Antica Pizzeria Port'Alba is the first pizzeria in the world established in 1830 here in Naples Italy. Pizza used to only be the poor mans food. But then it started to gain traction and popularity. Today, Antica Pizzeria Port'Alba, serves pizza still but also other a ton of other stuff. Of course, we ordered pizza. I got the Margherita and Clark got the fritto pizza (fried pizza.) 
After we ate pizza we strolled the streets. Since it was Easter lots of places were closed but there was still many places open and many people out roaming the streets. We wanted to go to a donut shop called, Voglia dei Graffa, but it was closed. We also walked by Soribillo, a pizzeria, which some people swear is the actual best pizza place in Naples so yes, of course, we will be trying that place as well. 
We ended up in Dante Square and saw the two cutest little dogs ever. They weren't even on there leashes. Most of the dogs here in Italy seem so well behaved. I want to know what they did to make them such good doggies. One of my favorite things about Italy is all the colorful buildings. I wish every place was like this. The street art, music, people, Naples is definitely gritty and some people call it the armpit of Italy while others call it the 'real' Italy I love it. It is just different and great and fun and beautiful.
love, Carlee
Dress: Forever 21
Shoes: Nike
Bag: JCPennys


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee