Friday, May 5, 2017

Baia di Leranto

After our first hike to the archeological site and lunch in Sorrento we went to our camping area to change then headed out for a 'secret beach' in a little town just on the other side of the hill from Sorrento. According to our friends the hike was only 1km each way but it was more like 2.5 miles one way haha. It was a long hike. It was definitely worth it. The views were gorgeous and the beach was amazing. The water perfectly clear. 
Clark and all the boys jumped in the water and splashed around for a while. They jumped off the rocks. I wish I could jump off the rocks too, I think I just need some good water shoes and then I will be back at it again.  I soaked my feet in the cold Mediterranean Sea to help the achyness with my ankle. It felt a lot better. Then I laid on the beach and collected sea glass. 
We were definitely the last ones up the hill on the way back. Seeing the wildflowers growing on the hills and the sun starting to peak behind the coastline was beautiful. It was a lovely golden hour hike. Of course, I said some "I don't think I'm gonna make it" and "just leave me here" a few too many times. But once we made it back to the town, we were greeted with fresh strawberries, water, and cookies. It really was a lovely day. My ankle was very very sore in the evening and the next day. But worth it. 
love, Carlee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee