Monday, August 7, 2017

Knox's 4th birthday + dog cake recipe

I need to give a giant shoutout to my favorite dog Knox! We celebrated his 4th birthday on August 1st. He was born on August 1, 2013 and we got him on October 4, 2013. I love celebrating his birthday every year even though he probably has no idea what is going on. He does get excited about a yummy treat and a couple new toys. He really is such a sweet dog. I wish he wanted to cuddle more and come up on the bed with us sometimes. But he is really independent. I love how excited he gets when we get home. We could be gone 4 hours or 10 minutes and he is always very excited to see us. So sweet. 

Dog Cake Recipe

Cake
1/2 cup dry dog food
1/4 cup hot water
1 cup applesauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup coconut flour

Frosting
2 over ripe bananas
1/2 cup peanut butter

Directions
1. Mash up dry dog food into little pieces. 2. Poor hot water into crushed up dog food and let soften. 3. Mix in applesauce, egg, peanut butter, oats, and flour. 4. Stir really well. 5. Bake in oven on 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes. 6. For topping mash up ripe bananas and stir in peanut butter really well. 7. Let the cake cool completely before putting the frosting (topping) on the cake. 

Note: I used a bread pan for one of the cakes and cut in into four pieces and layered the cake with the frosting in between each layer. You can also use a cupcake tin or regular cake pan. 

Another note: The recipe makes about 4-5 cupcake size cakes. 

It should also be noted that Knox really has to be coxed in order for him to smile for the camera so you are seeing about 6 of the photos that Knox is actually smiling for. The other 100 photos I took of him look like this:
Let me know if you have any questions about the recipe. Knox absolutely loved his cake. Of course, I didn't let him eat it all in one sitting. I let him eat about 1/4 of the cake and I put the rest of the cake in the fridge for later. 
love, Carlee




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee