Friday, September 1, 2017

Castello di Lettere at sunset

This place is so gorgeous and just a short drive from my house. I mostly find cool places like this by following Instagram accounts from people that live in the Naples area. The drive was pretty easy, mostly highway. Once I turned off the highway though it was a little bit of a different story. I didn't have a problem with direction but the road was so steep and I was just thankful that I was driving an automatic and not a manual. There was also a lot of road that was a two way street but could only fit one car so I was mentally taking notes of the nearest turnout so if I needed to back up to let the other cars through I could. I made it though. Italian driving is not for the faint of heart but luckily I have about a year of experience.
I took photos at two different locations one where I was more level with the castle and one where I was looking down on the castle a bit more but Mt. Vesuvius was in the background. I spent more time at the location with Mt. Vesuvius in the background. There was an old man that I had a conversation with. I said "non parlo italian" which means I don't speak Italian. But since I said it in perfect Italian most Italians assume you can speak it haha. He asked me where I was from and I said I was American. We talked about the smoke from the fire in Sorrento and I think he was trying to tell me that the sunset is better certain times of year but some was lost in translation but it was nice all the same. Italians are very nice people.
There was a wedding going on at the venue right below where I was taking photos. It was beautiful and someone was even flying a drone around to capture the wedding from above and capture the sunset with the castle. I didn't actually visit the castle because I wanted to capture the sunset photos. The little town of Lettere is so cute. They have a really pretty church and colorful buildings. Although I can't image driving that road trying to get to my house. 
So I actually used the A Color Story App on my phone to edit all these photos. I edited a couple on my phone to post on Instagram and I loved the way I could edit the sunset tones so I decided to use it on all the photos for this post and play with the different features on the different photos. I love all of them. Usually I use Photoshop to edit my photos. Did you hear though that A Color Story is coming out with desktop filters that you can use in Photoshop they are kind of expensive at least for my budget and needs so for now I will just edit them on my phone on the app which I love. 
love, Carlee
Tank top: American Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee