Thursday, November 30, 2017

Montmartre, Paris

We stayed in the Montmartre district of Paris when we visited and it was amazing. I would totally recommend staying there if you are traveling to Paris for the first time or have never stayed in that area before. Paris is SO BIG that you can't really stay in one place that is "centrally located." If you stay close to the Louvre you will be away from the Eiffel Tower and vice versa. Also Paris has a great metro system so we knew we would be able to get around easily wherever we stayed. I chose the Montmartre district because it has so much going on itself. There is the amazing basilica Sacre-Coeur, there are carousels on what seems like every corner, Moulin Rouge, that pink restaurant on the most photographed corner in Paris, the neon basketball court, the sinking house, tons of good food, squares and streets lined with local artists. It is a wonderful neighborhood. We stayed in the Hotel Des Arts Montmartre. It was a cute little hotel that was quiet, wonderfully located, and comfortable.
I recommend eating at El Nopal Taqueria such good street tacos. We might have eaten there about 3 times over the course of our stay. Get crepes from street vendors and don't forget to get flower shaped ice cream at Amorino. They have them all over Paris and I think the cheesecake is the best flavor. Okay, one more post down a dozen more to go. Not really a dozen but it feels like I still have a lot of photos from Paris. 
love, Carlee
Coat: Thrifted -Rue 21
Dress: NEX
Tights: Macys
Purse: JCPennys
Shoes: Nike



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee