Saturday, December 23, 2017

Dresden, Germany at Christmas!

I have heard so many good things about the holiday season in Dresden Germany! Since we were only 1:30 away when we were in Prague we decided to spend a day and a half there and we are so glad we did. The main Christmas market in the Striezelmarkt square was so gorgeous. It had a giant tree and a Ferris wheel and multiple carousels and so many cute booths with the most elaborate decorations on their roofs to represent their products! It was the only market in Dresden or Prague that we went to that was like that and I loved it. It made everything so much more fun and festive.
There was also a Christmas market right outside our hotel although not as good as the main one it was still fun. Since we didn’t have a lot of time in Dresden we spent the majority of our time at the markets since that is the reason we visited and also because they are some of the best in the world! If I can’t be with family for Christmas at least I can be walking around in what is basically a holiday wonderland.
We mostly had market food and drink. Can you say the best hot cocoa and even hot wine!! We need eat at Burgerei which has really good burgers although a little expensive. If you are in the Dresden area during the holidays you have to go visit and experience the season their it’s wonderful. And everyone we interacted with was so nice:)
I love to travel and it was awesome to get to see some great locations during the Christmas season but I am happy to be home for the rest of season. My family has always been one that is a “at home with family” during the holidays and not a go on a Hawaiian vacation family. So even though we aren’t with all our brothers sisters and parents and extended family it is nice to have a cosy home with Knox and Clark and I for Christmas. 
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee