Sunday, December 31, 2017

Year in review: 2017

January
- Clark returned home to Naples, Italy and I stayed in Washington State recovering from my broken leg.

-My brother got married and I was a bridesmaid in the wedding in Seattle.


February
-I celebrated my 25th birthday.

-I walked for the first time in 14 weeks all by myself!
March
-I finally launched my own ecommerce site littlesloth.com which in July I realized wasn't bringing in the profit to make it worth it as this point.

-I drove for the first time on my own since I broke my leg about 4 months.

-I returned to Naples, Italy!

-We bought a king bed.
April
-Explored around Naples, Italy a lot.

-I attended bookclub and made new friends.
May
-Saw 3OH!3 in concert on base!

-Traveled to Greece. Santorini, Athens, and Sparta

-Continued to do PT twice a week.
June
-My family came to visit for 2 weeks. We went all around Naples and to Rome and Pompeii and Capri and my little brother and I went to Amsterdam

-We went to our third military ball
July
-Celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary

-Traveled to Poland, Lithuania and Latvia!

-We ate pig snout, skin, and tongue with our landlords. 
August
-We celebrated Knox's 4th birthday. 28 in dog years people. Crazy how we just got him 4 years ago and he is already older than both Clark and I ;)

-Clark traveled to USA for ALC for 6 weeks.

-I got my hair cut for the first time in about 1.5 years! Yeah.... haha

-I got accepted into an online bachelors degree program from the University of Washington.
September
-I started said college at UW again after taking 4 years off.

-I took my real first solo trip ever to Copenhagen, Denmark and Malmo, Sweden and it was wonderful. Although there are definitely pros to traveling with someone. But it felt good to be able to have a good time and enjoy myself all by myself.
October
-We went boating on the Mediterranean because somehow it was still hot enough to swim! We also visited the beautiful island of Procida off the Naples coast.

-Clark and I visited France for the first time. We saw some of the Normandy Coast, Disneyland Paris, and of course Paris.

-We won best family costume at Clark's work's Halloween contest.

-Clark did a 14.5 mile Spartan race in southern Italy and did really awesome.
November
-I remembered one year of my falling accident where I broke my leg.

-We saw Old Dominion in concert front and center and got their autographs and a photo with them!


-Traveled to Bucharest, Romania and Bran & Peles Castle in the Romanian countryside.
December

- We took a trip to Salerno Lights with Clark's work.

-We did a road trip to Tuscany Italy for the first time since living here in Italy and visited the most amazing hot springs.

-Took a short trip to Prague, Czechia and Saxony, Germany for the Christmas markets!

-I finished my first quarter back at UW with a 3.9!

-Clark got his 3rd tattoo, a shark jaw on this elbow.


Thoughts
-While this year was tougher than my Instagram or blog would lead you to believe it still has been a good year. 

-For the first three months of the year I couldn't even walk on my two feet. In November 2016 I broke my leg bad. It still hurts every single day. 

-But I think it's a good thing we are stationed in Europe because I still want to travel a ton so even though my leg hurts (somedays worse than other) I still walk and exercise and explore because I don't want to miss out on this opportunity. 

-I think if I had broken my leg while in the states I would have gone back to my parents house for longer and been kind of a couch potato and gotten really discouraged. 

-I also started college again back at the University of Washington doing an online bachelors degree program. So cool that I can live in Italy and still go to my dream school. I started in Fall 2017 and ended the quarter with a 3.92 gpa, and the next quarter starts in 2 days!! 

-We have made so many friends while being stationed here. Probably the most friends so far at one new location. 


PAST YEARS: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee