Thursday, April 19, 2018

Cinque Terre, Italy

More photos from our time in Cinque Terre! Besides Riomaggiore the other two towns we visited were Manarola and Vernazza. There are 5 towns in total (cinque = five) but I felt like 3 out of the 5 towns we good enough for this trip especially since we only had one day. I was also glad because it was raining the whole first day we were there and while the towns were still gorgeous and it made for basically no crowds walking and hiking in the rain isn't the funnest thing to do. 



We first stopped in Vernazza which is a lovely gorgeous town and when I was reading about Cinque Terre lots of websites and blogs said that Vernazza is the most visited and picturesque town. It is beautiful but I think I prefer Riomaggiore or Manarola for views. But I will say Vernazza had the best gelato! It is a little place right on the main walk (there are tons of gelato shops, and probably even more in the summer) it is called Gelato Vernazza. It was some of the best gelato I have had in all of Italy and I have had a lot of gelato. I ordered the Crema Vernazza (their speciality flavor, it was berries and vanilla with some chocolate chips) and I also had Bacio (chocolate and hazelnut). Very very good and creamy. 



While in Vernazza will also had some light dinner of fish and chips. There was a little shop right off the main walk (via Roma) and we wanted something other than Italian food. We were in luck because the guy was making everything fresh just for us. There was no sitting room so we stood inside the shop to eat and stay out of the rain. We talked with the owner and bit and he told us how crowded it is in the summer. 



Our next stop was Manarola mainly for the views. We hiked over to the main spot where you can take photos of the whole town. It is really lovely and I would love to go back on a nice day but still have no crowds.... I probably can't have it both ways haha. After we explored the town a little bit we found a convenient store for some cheese and crackers and cookies because we knew we were not going to want to venture back out in the rain. Then we got on the train back to Riomaggiore to our apartment. 
love, Carlee
Jacket: NorthFace
9/50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee