Friday, May 4, 2018

Matera, Italy


Okay these photos are from like 7 months ago in October! Clark and I were headed farther south in Italy for the first time for a half marathon that he was racing in and our route lead us right past Matera. I knew I wanted to stop and see this pretty city that I had seen so many cool photos of. One of the things I love about it is the stark contrast to the really colorful towns we usually see in Italy like Positano, Riomaggiore, or Calitri

When you first look out over the town it looks deserted. But then once you look closer there are TV satellite dishes on the top of these old stone houses. A lot of the old cave houses are still used for storage and you can take tours of them as well. Did you guys remember the move The Passion of the Christ well a lot of it was filmed in this town! Not exactly the middle east but it does seem old school haha. I hope y'all are having a wonderful week. 
love, Carlee
Pants & Shoes: Nike
Purse: JCPennys
Shirt: Old Navy
Glasses: Firmoo

16/50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee